Sunday 6 December 2015

Digipack Stage 1

I am designing the digipack for our group and this is what I have come up with so far. It is currently in a rough state as I am just learning how to use Photoshop. I am editing the digipack on Photoshop as shown below.


However I used Lightroom to edit the pictures to enhance the colours and add a more grainy and purple effect. I designed the digipack from influence from my research in the previous post and have taken great inspiration from the simple designs and the open space that the majority were shot in. As they are an indie folk band I decided to go to up the viewpoint which is merely a short walk from my school and bring the band with me. I took some photos of the band of them over looking the horizon on the musky day which looks great and really fits in with the genre of the band. I have edited the pictures using 'lightroom' with the help of Ben as he is an expert on Lightroom as he has been doing photography for years.


My group and I have been thinking of a name for the band for a while now, and after using websites such as 'indie band generator' and having no luck, I thought of the name 'SET'. I proposed it to my group and they liked the name. I thought that the name 'SET' fits well with the indie folk genre as it's very simple and resembles the kind of music they make such as their music set. 'Let It Be Real' is the name of the album I thought of as I thought it resembled the simplistic style of the horizon that the band are looking at which also conveys that, as a band, they are not taking anything for granted as they like the simple things in life. I have thought of names for the songs based on my research on previous song titles by artists such as 'Daughter' and 'The Head and the Heart'.

No comments:

Post a Comment